Lat-Lon has taken the popular Solar-Powered Tracking Unit (STU) and made it even smaller to offer a new solution in tight spaces, even in the grooves of a container or any other non-powered asset. GPS monitoring system that monitors and protects your shipments by providing critical information through various sensors:
- GPS location with speed and course
- Three axis accelerometer for impact detection
- Wired sensors for temperature, pressure, and more
The Solar Advantage
As long as the sun shines, either direct or indirect, the Compact Tracking Unit will be replenished with more power. Unlike battery-operated systems, the Compact Tracking Unit sends out dozens of important messages a day. The unit has a longer life than traditional battery systems with lithium iron phosphate recharagable cells, equating to an average lifespan of over 7 years, and can even work in less than ideal "dark" conditions for up to 5 days.
The Compact Tracking Units know if they are stopped or in motion. When moving, the unit sends location reports up to every 10 minutes. Alarms, including impacts, are sent out in real-time and can be sent directly to your cell phone. The Compact Tracking Unit doesn’t have to conserve power like battery systems and can give you better visibility to the how, when and where of your shipment.
Compact Tracking Unit Features
- Magnetic mount for easy installation
- Rugged design for durability
- Compact Size allows for discreet, secure mounting in tight locations
- 10Hz and 100Hz filtered G values to show the true nature of an impact
- Elapse time between GPS fix and alarm trigger for precisely locating alarm events
- Smart control logic for frequent reports when moving